Thursday, January 15, 2015

Storybook Favorites

My three favorites that I found in the Storybooks were: Law & Order: SSU, Epic Brothers, and The Karma Times. Starting with Law & Order: SSU, I think I mainly like this storybook based on the title since Law & Order: SVU is one of my favorite TV shows. However, I also really like the way this author took the characters he was using and placed them into another plot such as the one from Law and Order. I think it is a very unique way to grad the attention of your audience and at the same time still tell the story of the characters that you want to tell. The second one I liked was Epic Brothers because I thought that the layout was very clean and accessible and that each individual tab was very easy to read. Also, in their work they told their story without a lot of stuff from the outside so it seemed very simplified. The last one i liked was The Karma Times, I really liked it because of the way it told the story. It was another very creative approach to explain the story they wanted to tell by using somewhat of a first-person newspaper approach. The only thing that stood out to me that I do not like is the background of The Karma Times, it seems to be very distracting as I am trying to focus on reading the content. The other two used a much simpler background that allowed the content to be the dominant part of the page. I would definitely use a basic background that allowed attention to focus on the content. Also, all of the basic setup functions on the side with the simple title and menu seem to look good and be very accessible to unfamiliar visitors.

Original Law & Order Picture 
Source: Law & Order: SSU 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill! I really liked the storybooks that you picked. Law and Order is one of my favorite shows and especially SVU. I think part of the reason I like it is because it is always on on some channel, and is intellectual enough to keep my interest. I think it is pretty clever of that author to use law and order, because it is a popular and easy to use storytelling platform. I also am a lover of simple blogs. I am new to this whole blog scene and the really complicated ones, even if they are beautiful and ornate, just overwhelm me and it does not matter how good the story is that the author wrote, all I am focused on is how to navigate that blog. Anyways, I thought you had some solid and perceptive picks this week. Good job!

    ReplyDelete