Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My name is Bill Johnston. I am a Letters major with a focus on Constitutional Studies. This past fall I was accepted into the University of Oklahoma Law School and will be attending there next fall. Luckily, I will be attending with two of my best friends so I am very excited for that next step in my life. I was born and raised in Oklahoma City, OK and cannot imagine a better place to call home. I graduated from Heritage Hall high school in 2011 and have been at OU since. My father and older brother are both also Sooners, however, my mother is unfortunately and Oklahoma State alum so Bedlam is always interesting at our house. We have a small Maltese dog named Sugar, which is a very poor name for a male dog but it is an extremely long story.

More than anything I love sports. I am an avid fan of football, baseball, basketball and hockey. However, my favorite teams all have bizarre back stories as to why I cheer for them that take way too long to discuss but my favorite teams are the Chicago Cubs, Washington Redskins, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Chicago Blackhawks. As I mentioned in my blog about favorite places there is not much more I enjoy than a trip to Chicago to see the Cubs play at Wrigley Field.

After Law School, I am not entirely sure what I want to do with my life but I do know that I want to stay in Oklahoma. Oklahoma is and always will be home to me. This state has such wonderful people with so much to offer. I cannot imagine living in a big city filled with traffic all the time and lines everywhere you go or a Starbucks on every corner. I would like to practice law for an oil corporation in Oklahoma because I believe they are responsible for the great strides the state has made in the last fifteen years and that there is so much more they can do for this great state.


There is everything I like, so here is everything I dislike: Starbucks, Batman or any other superhero movie, Harry Potter or any other ridiculous fiction movie, and Dallas Cowboys fans.

My brother, myself (middle), and some of our family friends at OU/TX
Personal Photo 

2 comments:

  1. Bill, I also have a good friend who will be attending OU’s Law School in the fall. Have you traveled throughout the U.S. (aside from Illinois) and/or world? I always imagined staying in the state of Oklahoma until I was able to experience the culture on the east/west coast and in other countries. Nonetheless, congrats on your accomplishments thus far and best of luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bill, I think you may be the first Letters major I have met who is doing the Constitutional focus. How exciting! That is still something really new at OU, and it sounds like they have some really good resources and programs, great guest speakers, all kinds of things going on. If there is an event or speaker I can publicize in the announcements for that, let me know! I am worried that the heroes of the epics will arouse your dislike of superheroes... but I will nominate DHARMA as something for you to ponder in this class, as it is a religious and philosophical idea with some profound connections to the idea of law itself! :-)
    Dharma at Wikipedia

    ReplyDelete