Monday, April 27, 2015

College Writing Review

Coming out of high school I considered myself a pretty good writer. I took AP English my senior year and my teacher made it his goal to have us prepared to start writing at the college level.  English Comp 1 and 2 were helpful classes but I also felt like I was doing a lot of busy work in those classes instead of working on how to write. However, I am a Letters major with a Constitutional Studies minor so most of my classes are writing based. I have mastered the ability to write a very long paper in a short amount of time and get a B on it. Although that is a terrible skill when I do put a lot of time in papers I seem to get As pretty easily. College has made me a better writer and I do attribute a lot of my writing skills to my high school, but overall there are still many little things I need to work on as I move forward into law school. Some things I feel like are just inherent to a person as habitual and very hard to overcome. For example, I struggle greatly with proof reading my own work because I know what I want it to say and read it that way instead of what it actually says, therefore, I misread almost all of my work when proofreading.

One of the more interesting stories from this half of the class
Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment