Monday, February 2, 2015

Styles Brainstorm

Topic: I have chosen to do my project over the lives of Rama and Krishna. There are quit e a few different things about these characters I want to explore, but I mainly want to focus on how these characters who are the human incarnates of gods suffer through the same emotions as mortals. The stories I want to focus on are those of the gods showing emotion when they seem to be at their strongest or weakest points. Already through our assigned reading we have been able to see Rama experience love, agony, anger, and remorse. These certain episodes all focus specifically on an emotion that makes the god seem mortal. The bibliographies for the stories I use will mostly be from the four books that we will read through in class over the semester and also I am doing continuous research. I have yet to find specific stories detailing them dealing with their emotions but I am continuing to work on it.

Possible Styles: I like the idea of a two-sided story for each character. The story would be an anthology style.

My first idea would be a story where both gods are reflecting on their life as mortals and comparing their experience together to see how their time as mortals impacted them. The idea would be somewhat of a setting where the two gods have come together after their lives as mortals have ended.

Second, I have thought about telling their stories from the eyes of the other gods. This would mean that the other gods are narrators (almost like spots announcers) for the daily life of the god incarnated as morals.

Third, I like the idea of a journey story. It would be a recap of their journey through life as a mortal. The part I would enjoy most about this would be recapping their adapting process to each struggle that they encountered on their way through life as a mortal. More importantly, I would be able to step back into a third person point of view to compare their journeys myself.


Fourth my option would be to do something very different. I have thought of a lot of ideas but the one I seem to keep coming back to would be to explore each emotion the gods go through as incarnates. The most interesting part of this would be diving into the comparisons of how they handled each emotion and they received it the first time they experienced it and had to cope with it.

Lord Rama 
Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment